Name:
Location: Ireland

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Soccer

The great thing about soccer, like life, is that's it's totally unpredictable. You never know when you're going to have a good game or a bad game or an indifferent game. When things come good when you least expect it, it's so cool. I still think that it's the bad and indifferent games that really define us. How we react to them show much more about who we are than how we react to the good games. Everybody reacts the same to a good game. It's one of the things that's challenging me the most at the moment. I don't find it too hard to react okay to a bad game of soccer...but life, that's a different story...Even tax-collectors love those who love them! My idea of love is growing and evolving even as I type. I used to think that you find the perfect person and that you live in happiness for ever with them. I realise now that true happiness is found in Jesus and trusting in Him. If you find a person with the same happiness in their life, that is when you can find true love with somebody-you can both grow with Jesus at the centre of your lives, knowing that neither of you is perfect but that there is an honesty and a genuine forgiveness that is, I think, impossible to attain outside of knowing Jesus. How do you forgive somebody for when they hurt you really bad, if you don't understand how much Jesus has forgiven you?

I think that we should be quick to learn and slow to forget what we've learned when it comes to life. I know that I'm slow to learn and quick to forget though. I thank Jesus that more and more, He helps me to throw everything in my life on Him. His yoke truly is light around my life. I forget it so often though. I feel that many things in life come, loosely speaking, in waves-good times are followed by bad are followed by good etc. It's during the 'bad' times, when your faith is tested and you feel as if you are in a potentially life-threatening situation and you think that Jesus has fallen asleep in the boat (or wonder if He's in the boat at all!). It's during these times that we need to remember the past and where He has brought us from and realise that if we are to grow from baby Christians to mature adult Christians, we have to be weened off the mushy food. We need to be strong and unwavering in these situations so that we don't let down our guard; so that if the opportunity arises to spread the good news of the kingdom of God, that we won't deny Jesus.

We mustn't forget what He has thought us, for our own sake. And if we think that we can't remember, then ask Him to remind you. Talk to Him, relate to Him.

All praise and honour to the saviour of the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger JACross said...

Yay, Peter. So happy to hear you're on. I needed some good reading material.

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Praise the Lord His word gives us all we need! (2 Peter 1)

"It's during these times that we need to remember the past and where He has brought us from and realise that if we are to grow from baby Christians to mature adult Christians, we have to be weened off the mushy food."

Ditto - get off the mushy stuff and dig into the "meat" of His truth. Keep pressing on!

6:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home